Silver Leaf Spa Now Offering
Male Brazilian Sugaring/Waxing
Male waxing is no longer gender-specific. Now men can rep the benefits of longer last hair removal even in their most intimate regions.
Reasons why men Sugar/Wax in the Intimate regions ??
* Men who shave now opting to avoid the itchy five O'clock shadow and go a longer lasting smoother solution.
*Swimmers & body builders tend to get all of their body hair removed, especially before a competition.
*Personal preference, some guys hate body hair as much as some women do.
Brow Shaping $15
1/2 Leg $25
Full Leg $45
Feet & Toes $10
Under Arm $15
Manzilian (Removes all hair) $50
How should you prepare:*Be clean - Come freshly showered.
*Be dry - Cleanliness is appreciated, but please skip on the lotion, you will achieve better results if the skin is less oily.
*Be hairy - Your hair should be at least 0.25 inches in length (which makes it long enough to lay flat on your skin). Please dont shave for at least two weeks prior to your appointment to ensure that your hair is long enough.
*Be comfortable - If possible, wear loose clothing that day to prevent irritation in the post wax phase.
* Be relaxed - Reportedly the more relaxed your muscles are the better your hair removal results will be.
What to expect ?
Remove clothing - You will be asked to remove your underwear in the treatment room & given a blanket to cover up with. By removing your underwear you protect your clothing as well provide optimal working conditions so the technician can get all of the unwanted hair.
Prep - Your technician will examine the hair length, and trim accordingly for saftey purposes as well as your preference. She will also ask you what areas you would like to leave hair & how mch of it you would like to leave.
Removal - Your technichian will preform the hair removal.
Post care - After hair is removed, the area is cleansed & treated. You will be presented with a mirror for you to view the results and approval as well as check for any stray hairs.
Your done - You are finished & ready to go about the rest of your day. We recommend that you book your next appoint in 4 weeks in advance.
- Do exfoliate on a daily basis. Using a salt scrub is great, but to be more cost effective and to reduce the chance of oil clogged pores, use a exfoliating glove or a natural loofah sponge.
- Do keep the area away from constant friction, such as low rider jeans. This can create irritation and result in ingrown hairs.
- Do use lubrication during heavy make out session immediately after your treatment to prevent further irritation. The waxed area can be slightly inflamed for 2-24 hours afterwards, so skin on skin friction is best if postponed for the day. If necessary, lubrication can provide a barrier and extra sensitivity is made more comfortable.
- Do drink plenty of water. Urine can cause discomfort to open follicles and is best if diluted.
- Do shower immediately after exercise, this will keep follicles clear and bacteria free.
- Do apply a cold compress to the area if your skin is sensitive after treatment. Circulation is increased with hair removal and can create a warm sensation. Cooling will help to constrict blood vessels and will relieve any irritation.
- Do spot treat healing ingrown hairs with Polysporin. Moist skin heals more quickly and the Polysporin will create a barrier to protect the skin during the process.
- Do book your waxing appointments 3-5 weeks apart. The hair grows in 3 different cycles, so in order to get the best results we need to weaken each stage by removing each growth as it comes through. With consistent appointments the hair will soften and thin away.
- Don't pick at ingrown hairs. The bacteria found in infected follicles weakens the pore lining. Squeezing the ingrowns can cause greater inflammation, infection to surrounding pores, and will slow the healing process.
- Don't do excessive activity immediately after appointment. Uric acid and salt in your perspiration could be mildly irritating to the area.
- Don't apply lotions, gels or creams to the area the same day as your treatment. This can cause increased sensitivity and irritation. Especially avoid fragranced and alcohol based products.
- Don't sunbathe or go in a tanning bed 24 hours prior or post treatment (exposing the treated area). This may dry the skin prior to treatment and cause the skin to lift. After treatment, the increased circulation may be extra sensitive to sun exposure and cause discomfort.
- Don't shave between treatments. The goal of consistent hair removal is to damage the root of the hair, so that it grows back softer, finer, and fewer in numbers. Shaving will upset appointment times, and delay the long term benefits.